We count on your help and diligence to make the Indie Boost experience as safe as possible. If you see a violation of the Indie Boost Terms of Service, we encourage you to report it.
We take every report of suspicious or inappropriate activity seriously. Every report is sent
directly to our Trust and Safety team for investigation.
Report Suspicious Activity
Users can report suspicious activity by “flagging.” Look for the flag feature throughout the Indie Boost platform.
All reports are confidential. We will not share your identity with the user you flagged. After we receive your report, we may contact you through email for more information.
Please note that because of security and privacy concerns, we will not be able to share the results
or findings of our investigations with you. We take all reports seriously, and we will take action as provided
for in our Terms of Service.
What Should I Flag?
We encourage our community to flag anything that violates the Indie Boost Terms of Service or seems suspicious and inappropriate.
You can choose from different flags for why you are reporting something. Choose the best one and include any other details
about the situation. Watch for these common violations:
- Sharing or requesting contact information before a contract has started. This could be an email address, phone number, or app ID (WhatsApp/Skype).
- Requests or offers to pay outside of Indie Boost or by a non-cash method (bitcoin, equity, etc)
- A profile picture or any name that seems fake, like the use of a celebrity picture or name
- Content protected by copyright, such as a known logo or phrase
- Anything that looks like it could be a scam or fraud
- Anyone threatening or harassing you
- Sponsors asking for you to pay to submit a proposal
- Influencers asking for payment upfront before a contract has started
- Demands to receive good feedback
Send a Flag
See something that looks suspicious or inappropriate? Please flag it for our review with these steps.
- Click the Flag as inappropriate button
- Select a reason you think the posting is inappropriate
- Client is offering payment outside of Indie Boost
- Person is attempting to buy or use my Indie Boost account
- Client is misrepresenting their identity
- Listed gig contains a suspicious link or looks like a scam
- Listed gig contains contact information
- It's something else
- Click Submit
Other situations may require you to make a judgment call. If you believe a user has violated Indie Boost's Terms of Service, please contact Customer Suppor to report the behavior.
In general, when you contact Customer Support, please be prepared to provide a clear account of the situation and any proof you have, such as chat transcripts and email messages.